The selection criteria are:
“SAILOR OF THE YEAR”
The British Columbia sailor who had the greatest achievement in the sport of Sailing during 2010. The recipient of this award may have made this achievement in one or all of the following areas:
- International Competitive Sailing;
- Offshore Cruising;
- Representation of BC Sailing or one of its member clubs outside of the Province;
- Sailing Instruction or Coaching.
“VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR”
The British Columbia volunteer who has made the greatest contribution to the advancement of the sport of Sailing in BC. The recipient of this award may have made their contribution at the club level or provincial level. The recipient may have made their volunteer contribution in the areas of:
- Club Administration;
- BC Sailing Administration;
- Team Organization;
- Special Events;
“TOP GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE”
The Outstanding British Columbia high school student graduating from the school year, who had the greatest achievement in sailing in the past year.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to BC Sailing indicating the following:
***Your Sailing Goals, School Goals, Academic Performance, Racing Results, Volunteering and Coaching Involvements***
“OUTSTANDING YOUTH SAILOR OF THE YEAR (male/female)”
The Outstanding British Columbia Youth sailors, male and female, who had the greatest achievement in the sport of Sailing. The recipient of this award may have made this achievement in one or all of the following areas:
- Performance - results at Provincial, National or International Competitions;
- Corinthianism - displayed sense of sportsmanship and fair play;
- Leadership - role modelling, mentoring, coaching, instructing, and race management assistance;
- Participation - shows dedication to the sport through involvement at all levels.