Job Posting: Squamish Yacht Club - February 15, 2017
Squamish Yacht Club
Located half way between Vancouver & Whistler where the Squamish River meets Howe Sound. The
area is well known for its windy conditions and variety of excellent outdoor recreation.
Supported by a community of mostly young families, our club and sailing program has grown quickly
along with our junior membership and fleet of training boats. (7x Optis, 2x Pirates, 2x 420’s & 4x kayaks)
We have a young race team active May through Sept and an eight-week summer sailing school. We also
host the BC Youth Sailing Champs and keelboat regatta SOAR. Plenty of room for development.
Sailing Director / Raceteam Coach / Head Instructor - May 1 st to Sept 1 st
Responsibilities may include;
- Hiring and overseeing CANSail instructors.
- Administer the registration for summer sailing school and marketing.
- Organize and coach the race team May through end of Aug including appx 4 local regattas.
- Assist Club volunteers hosting the BC Sailing Champs.
- Prepare the boats and equipment, organize repairs throughout the summer as needed.
- Instruct and oversee the summer LTS program. (appx 16-18 students for 8 weeks)
- There are opportunities for business development such as adult instruction afterhours.
Sailing director position will be supported and monitored by SYC Learn to Sail Committee.
Must be mature, responsible, great with kids and parents, have tremendous enthusiasm for sailing and
outdoor activities. High competency in coach boat operation, racing and windy conditions.
2x Cansail Instructors - July 1 st to Aug 25 th
Cansail Instructors will work appx 35hrs a week with the kids on the water. Competence in coach boats
and windy conditions needed. Must be good with young kids, lots of energy and enthusiasm for sailing
and outdoor activities. Able to engage and activate kids consistently.
Please send CV’s and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Compensation is negotiable
Many thanks and have a great season on the water!
SYC LTS Committee.
|Learn to Sail|
|Pleasure Craft Operator Card|
|ROC (M) - VHF Certificate|
|Instructors and Coaches|
|Become a CANSail Coach|
|CANSail Coach Course Dates|
|Become a LTC+P Instructor|
|RM & Judging Courses|
|2016 BC Summer Games|
|Sport Center Carding Criteria|
|ORC (Offshore Racing Congress)|